Minggu, Februari 10, 2013


First Place at introducing myself  in Daroy International Clan Facebook Grup. 

"Hey My name is Doni Daroy, I’m Acehnesse." 

And They said : "What? Where The Daroy comes from in Aceh?." They was so excited when they know Aceh has people named Daroy. They are philipines within Large number of The Daroy. 

In my family History, Daroy just my Grandpa's name and he was died since i didn't born yet. And, just me who was Lucky got this last name but not the other of my family.


I have heard story from my friends, she was from indonesia too who also has name Daroy, from her family. He said that Daroy is the name of people who work at netherland office, when belanda/netherland made colonial domination in indonesia 100 years ago. So, maybe my Grandpa is the one who worked there.


Jeaneth Marie Daroy Madarimot-Ambowang said in Daroy Internatonal Clan :

"Daroy means water or flow. thus, flowing water or water flow :) so many meanings we can attach to it. could be energy coz there's energy or current in a flowing water. it can mean life coz life started from water and we all need water to sustain it. what else? could be refreshment or an oasis ...--something that would ease and relax our aching muscles and stressed up mind. Isn’t it great to own a name with a substantial meaning? Indeed, it is."

Speaking of Water and Daroy, There's a photo of Gunongan. It used to be place for a Princess of Putroe Phang where had a bath and Washing her cloth along time ago. And the water is directly from canal river in Sluice of Gunongan. That river has name with Daroy too.

The Picture is the source of Krueng Daroy river in Banda Aceh.

Gunôngan are often being used as a pattern for handicraft and jewelry design as symbols of Acheh. Its glorious story also recorded by a famous Achehnese singer, Rafly, in one of his songs called "Kruëng Darôy."



0 komentar: